The Internet continues to make life much easier, helping us connect with family, friends, and acquaintances. Moreover, our kids are becoming more tech-savvy, immersing themselves in this complex information world. With more than half of US kids owning a smartphone today, parental monitoring software has become necessary.
Meanwhile, about 36.5% of middle school and high school kids in the US report cases of cyberbullying. So, if you bought your kid an iPhone, it’d also help ensure that they’re safe online. Moreover, online predators could readily join teens’ chat rooms to entice kids to send sensitive information to them. You don’t want your children getting caught in a dilemma that could leave lasting scars on their lives. Consider using parental control software to keep your children safe when they’re on the phone.
Why Should You Consider Using Parental Control Apps for iPhone?
There are various potential risks inherent with children using smartphones. Monitoring software helps check the possibilities of these dangers. Parental control software help parents monitor kids’ iPhones. Also, various useful features of such software could help in regulating device usage. Here are some reasons to consider using an iOS parental control app, whether with kids or grown-ups.
Children are potentially vulnerable to different harmful online content. It’s essential to protect your children from social media vices such as cyberbullying or a potential identity thief. While your kids need their devices for researching assignments, they need some parental controls while on it. Parents exercise control over their children with these apps to ensure their kids are secure. They could remotely lock the child’s iPhone during bedtime or prevent them from visiting adult sites.
Besides, how do you verify whether your child isn’t going out with the wrong company after school? Advanced monitoring apps let you geofence your kids against going beyond physical restrictions. You could also track their messaging apps to know when they’re planning something potentially dangerous. Spy apps help you get useful information about your kids on time.
The Main Features of Parental Control Apps
Apps that monitor iPhone usage have a wide range of features that supervising users can utilize. These features help parents or guardians to track specific communications of their loved ones. Here are some of the primary parental control app features for users:
- Phone Tracking. Parental controls let users track the location of the target device. This utility also comes in handy when a phone is missing. The monitoring software can tell the physical location of the device on the map.
- Block Apps. Parental control apps also allow parents to block apps on the iPhone that they consider harmful or unnecessary.
- Read Messaging Apps. Apart from phone calls, users could also remotely track messaging apps on the target iPhone. Whether they’re iMessages, SMS, or social media messaging apps, you can access them through an advanced parental control app. You’d also get to see who they’re communicating with, plus accompanying date and time stamps.
- Control Apps and Programs. iPhone monitoring applications also let you restrict your targets from using certain apps and programs. Hence, if you consider some apps inappropriate for your child’s use, you can simply block them.
- Record Someone’s Screen. Here’s another feature of the typical iPhone monitoring app for parents. Users of iPhone monitoring software can record another device’s screen remotely for evidence. If you suspect that your child may be watching pornography, but you need proof, this feature comes in handy.
- View Multimedia Files. You can also view your children’s iPhone multimedia files — photos, videos, and more. You’ll be able to see their gallery with advanced monitoring apps available for download on the App Store.
- Monitor Internet Activity. You could also track the Internet activity of the person you’re watching. You’d have access to your targets’ bookmarks and most visited sites from your remote Control Panel.
- Read Their Emails. Parental control software lets you read someone’s emails remotely. With this feature, you can prevent identity theft or access to restricted data.
What Are the Best Parental Control Apps for iPhone?
If you’ve been asking around, “What is the best parental control app for my kids?” we’ve scoured the Net to provide you with top iPhone monitoring software for parents. Any of these options of apps to control a child’s iPhone are effective for setting basic parental control measures.
mSpy is one of the best parental control apps for the iPhone you’d find on the Internet. It’s an iPhone surveillance software you can activate on your kid’s device to monitor their phone usage. When you install this app on your target’s device, it works stealthily without their notice. mSpy records the device activity of your target and sends updates to your dashboard.
Launched in 2010, mSpy has morphed into one of the most popular monitoring software online. Once you have an Internet connection, you can monitor virtually every activity on your child’s device. This monitoring application offers efficient technical support and overall monitoring software quality.
Parents using mSpy parental control can monitor their kids’ phone calls, text messages, and contacts list. mSpy also has a keylogger feature for retrieving inputs on their iPhone’s keypad. Moreover, users can track their target device’s GPS location to monitor their movements. Furthermore, you could set keyword alerts and receive notifications once the target types them.
- Efficient round-the-clock customer support service.
- The Keylogger feature is helpful in retrieving passwords or deleted texts.
- It lets you monitor your child’s Facebook, WhatsApp, and Snapchat accounts.
- Users can only monitor one iPhone device with a subscription plan.
2. Google Family Link
Google Family Link is a parental control application to supervise children’s iPhone usage. It’s Google’s way of answering users’ questions on how to put parental controls on the iPhone. Once you create an account for your child, you can dictate what apps they may use.
With Google Family Link, parents can monitor regular activity reports of their kids and check their activities. Users can also set screen time limits, stating how long a child should use the iPhone. Google Family Link also lets users monitor their children’s GPS location on the map. This software is worth considering if you’re searching for the best free parental control app for the iPhone.
- The software is free of charge.
- It lets you easily connect to your Google account.
- It doesn’t let users monitor phone calls or messaging apps on the target iPhone.
MobiPast is another effective iPhone tracking app for parents’ child control. Installing and using this software is relatively straightforward, although with only jailbroken devices. Parents can readily ensure that their children aren’t involved in potentially dangerous conversations using this software. The device works undetected in the target device, updating you of the iPhone’s activities.
Once you install MobiPast on their device, you can track your target without physically holding their phone. With the software, you can monitor their web browser, phone messages, trace their GPS location, etc.
- MobiPast’s developers don’t store the data on the target device for privacy reasons.
- The software allows parents to geofence their kids.
- Offers more advanced monitoring features than most parental control software.
- Users have to jailbreak an iPhone to install MobiPast in the target device.
- The software doesn’t let users block apps on the iPhone.
4. Net Nanny
If you wonder how to set up parental controls on an iPhone, leaving no traces, Net Nanny comes in handy. It’s a parental control app that lets parents install and use it without your child’s suspicion. With such a parental control tool, you can set screen time limits on their kids’ devices and block apps you consider inappropriate. Its content-filtering function lets you restrict your child from viewing adult content through their device. This software helps set mild parental controls on your child’s iPhone.
- Parents can set screen time controls.
- Net Nanny lets parents and guardians filter 18+ contents on the device.
- It doesn’t let users monitor social media apps of their target mobile devices.
- The software can’t monitor your child’s text messaging apps.
What Types of Parental Controls Can You Use on an iPhone?
We’ve seen a few top parental control apps to use on an iPhone. However, mSpy is way better than the default iPhone parental controls and other downloadable spyware in the App Store. The reason for this is glaring, as mSpy offers much more monitoring features than default apps.
For instance, iPhone default monitoring apps don’t monitor social media apps or have mSpy’s keylogger feature. Also, the default parental controls on the iPhone wouldn’t suffice to track an adult’s iPhone.
How to Set Up Parental Control on iPhone?
Have you been asking the question: how do I monitor my child’s iPhone? If so, let’s take a look at installation guidelines for both built-in parental controls and advanced monitoring solutions.
Built-in Parental Controls Installation
How do you use built-in parental controls on your child’s iPhone? You can do so by placing screen time controls on your child’s device. Here’s how to initiate screen time controls on your child’s phone:
- Tap the Settings icon and then select Screen Time.
- Select Continue, then tap between “This is My [Device]” or “This is My Child’s [Device].” Follow the prompts till you set up a passcode on your child’s Apple device. We recommend choosing a passcode that’s different from your device’s screen lock code.
- Select Content & Privacy Restrictions, and then put on Content & Privacy.
- Administer other restrictions, including preventing iTunes & App Store Purchases. You can also control your child from visiting adult sites or the game center. Other adjustable control features include changes to privacy settings and other features.
These built-in parental controls have their limits on how well you’d monitor your child’s phone usage. We’ll now go on to see how to install advanced parental control apps on your child’s iPhone.
Advanced Parental Control App Installation
mSpy is one of the most effective parental control apps with 25+ advanced monitoring features. The software lets you access your children’s messaging apps and call logs remotely from your dashboard. Here’s how to set up mSpy on your family member or staff’s iPhone device.
Step 1. Create an Account on mSpy
Create an account on the mSpy website with an email address. You’d receive set up instructions at the email address you submit.
Step 2. Choose Device and Download
Indicate an iOS device as the device you want to monitor. Afterward, follow the instructions sent to you to install the app on the target device.
Step 3. Choose Your Plan
The interface then asks you to choose from either a Basic or Premium subscription plan. Select the appropriate subscription according to your monitoring needs or requirements.
Step 4. Start Monitoring Your Child’s Phone
Once you’re through with these steps, open your mSpy dashboard and start monitoring your target device. mSpy installation is relatively straightforward and won’t take more than 5 minutes.
Parents can monitor their children’s iPhones using a variety of parental control apps. With an iPhone, there are built-in parental controls that parents can utilize in monitoring their kids. However, the monitoring solutions of built-in controls may not suffice for more intensive supervision.
For closer monitoring of your kids’ social media activity or messenger apps, consider using the mSpy parental control app. mSpy offers more intense tracking qualities, including call log monitoring, keylogger, and SMS tracking. It’s almost like having your child’s device.
Categories: Parental Control